This week, homework is to complete some subtraction calculations. Please find the link below to access the activity.
Use the buttons to change class or area:
This week, the homework is linked to our class text ‘Stig of the dump’.
We have just finished reading chapter 4 this week, which ends with Stig causing a stampede during a fox hunt. The challenge for homework, using the word bank given, is to write a description of the hunt and what goes wrong!
Please click on the links below to access the activity sheet as well as chapter 4 just in case you would like to read it again.
This week, the homework is grammar based and focuses on Fronted Adverbials.
Click on the link below to access the activity.
To find out more about fronted adverbials, watch videos and complete some online quizzes, then click on the link below to access the BBC Bitesize website.
In maths this week, we have been learning about partitioning.
Below, is a link to three progressive activities. Children can choose to complete the next activity if they feel they would like a further challenge.
Please ensure that homework is completed and returned before Thursday each week so that it can be marked before handing out new homework on a Friday. I have told the class, that I am unable to mark homework during the school day when it is handed in on a Friday.
Today we have introduced a maths programme called Frog Club in Rhino class. This is an initiative that encourages children to have faster recall of number facts.The programme starts with the 10 club and goes through to 99 club and then onto Superstars Division and Superstars Fractions.
By learning these number facts, we really hope that this programme will help your child carry out calculations more easily as they learn to use and apply their knowledge.
Each week, on a Friday, the children will have 5 minutes to complete the test for the club they have been assigned. In order to move on to the next club, they must answer all questions correctly in the time.
Below is a list of all the clubs and the content covered in each.
You can help your child at home by practising fast recall of the number facts in each club. Click on the link to access each test.
- 10-club: Addition facts to 10
- 11-club: Subtraction fact to 10.
- 22-club: Addition and subtraction facts to 20
- 33-club: Facts from the 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- 44-club: Facts from the 2, 5 10 and 3 times tables.
- 55-club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3 and 4 times tables.
- 66-club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8 times tables.
- 77-club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4, 8, 6, and 11 times tables.
- 88-club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4, 8, 6, 11, 9 and 12 times tables
- 99-club: Facts from all the tables up to 12 x 12
- Superstar division-60 club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstar division-80 club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstar division-100 club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstar fractions-60 club: Find fractions of numbers
- Superstar fractions-80 club: Find fractions of numbers
- Superstar fractions-100 club: Find fractions of numbers
In maths this week, we have been learning about rounding to the nearest multiple of 10.
Below, is a link to three progressive activities in which the children have the first two in their homework books already. If your child would like a challenge, they can have a go at the third activity although they will need knowledge of Roman Numerals in order to complete it.
Please ensure homework is returned to class before Thursday each week so that it can be marked before handing out new homework on a Friday.
Homework this week is prepositional phrases.
Please ensure homework is completed and handed in to be marked before Thursday of the following week.
Homework this is:
Adverbs – identifying and using appropriate adverbs correctly.
Adverbs describe verbs and usually end in ly
Homework this week is:
Use the multiplication grid to help answer various multiplication calculations.
Use the buttons to change class or area: